What It’s Really Like to Ride Your Motorcycle In Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island is one of the 3 maritime provinces in Canada, the smallest in size and the only province to have no land boundary. So many amazing things to see & do, you will be captivated by natural beauty.
Prince Edward Island has so much to explore, long coastlines, many inlets and bays, the views on 2 wheels will take your breath away.
- Speed Limits & Laws Find out about PEI Laws, more than just speed limits
- Border Crossing: How to cross into Prince Edward Island from the USA
- PEI Roads: What are the roads really like?
- Biker Friendly Accommodation: What sort of options are there for clean cheap motels?
- Must Do Rides: With its small land mass there are still some great rides to enjoy
- Riding Conditions Different views through out the province
- Attractions Outdoors adventures await
Top Rides in Prince Edward Island
Planning a Ride to Prince Edward Island?
Read the rest of this page for trip planning details. You’ll be glad you did. If you find it useful, please share it
Riding around Prince Edward Island
Riding Conditions in the 5 areas of Prince Edward Island
Riding in Prince Edward Island you will experience beaches, golf, history, delicious food and authentic PEI hosptiality , each region has lots to offer.
PEI has 5 regions, each of them having their own beauty and uniqueness to them.
- North Cape Coastal Drive
- Fresh seafood, white and red sand beaches, coastal riding
- Green Gables Shore
- A must stop at Anne of Green Gables, cliffs and white sandy beaches
- Red Sands Shore
- Red clay roads that beg for you to follow them over the hills, cross the longest bridges in the world
- A city filled with history, heritage, celtic music and amazing food
- Points East Coastal Drive
- THEE place to watch the sun rise, relax on one of the best beaches on the island and see if you can hear the sand sing to you!
Good Information for Riding in Prince Edward Island
While riding in Prince Edward Island you will find that it is a safe place to ride, the people are really friendly, making your visit as enjoyable as possible.
Driver’s License/Insurance – Prince Edward Island promotes Motorcycle Awareness all year. You must have valid insurance to ride in PEI, along with a valid drivers license.
Once you are in Prince Edward Island there are fuel stations to gas up at, buy snacks and have air available, the Price of fuel is in Litres, gas stations sell snacks and hot food, the drinking age is 19 in Prince Edward Island.
Be sure to check out our friend, Daniel Ross, PEI Biker for more great things to see and do while on Prince Edward Island.
What Are Prince Edward Island Roads Like?
With Prince Edward Island having smallest land mass of just over 5660 square kilometres and with a population of over 140,000 (2011 stats), you will fall in love with the quaint atmosphere. Prince Edward Island has 5 major highways, typically the speed limit is 90 kmph,
the secondary roads that are less traveled, and will take you through some pretty neat small towns who love seeing motorcyclist.
Prince Edward Island Laws
- DOT Approved Helmet
- It is the law for riders and passengers to wear a DOT approved helmet, you must have a valid driver’s license and insurance is also mandatory. Safety is important while riding, being alert and aware of your surroundings is key to a fun safe ride, signage is very good in most areas.
- Construction Zone
- Spring, Summer and Fall there is a lot of construction to rebuild all these millions of kilometres of roads, it is the law to slow down to the posted speed limit through a construction zone, fines are STEEP!
- Passing Emergency Vehicles
- At any time you pass an emergency vehicle (Police, Ambulance, Tow Truck, etc) on the shoulder of the road or in a lane, it is the law to slow down to 70km/hr
Wildlife in Prince Edward Island
Being an island a smaller variety of animals live here, any of these animals that you see along your ride are magnificent and we all know not to get close to these animals, feed them or get off your bike to take a picture.
Animals you may see:
- Red Fox, Beavers, Chipmunks
- Bald Eagles, Blue Jays, Snowy Owls
- Greenland Sharks, Harp Seals, Salmon
NEVER STOP WHEN WILDLIFE IS NEAR