The Calgary & Edmonton 2015 Motorcycle Shows are about the only exciting thing happening in Alberta this time of year, when it comes to motorcycles! The Calgary Motorcycle Show runs January 9-11th, 2015 at the BMO Centre, Stampede Park. The Edmonton Motorcycle Show runs the next weekend January 16-18, 2015 at the Expo Centre Northlands.
Stop by some of our favourite booths and say HI!
- We know you love the annual BLUE CIRCLE INSURANCE 10 Great Rides 10 Great Burgers Laminated Maps and this year is no different, stop by the Blue Circle Insurance Booth, say Hi and pick up your 2015 10 Great Rides ~ 10 Great Destinations Map!!
- Pop in and see our good friends at CYCLE WORKS, sit on the 2015 Cross Country Magnum and the 2015 Indian Scout.
- Come by the Motorcycle Ride For Dad Booth and get your FREE PSA TEST, all men over 40 are welcome to get tested!
- Thinking about taking a motorcycle training class? Be sure to stop by Too Cool Motorcycle School
and get signed up with our good friends Trevor, Jordan and Rene!
Ladies Night: Friday at both cities
The Show kicks off on Friday with SHE Rides Nite. After 5:00 pm all female attendees will receive half price admission. To provide a little inspiration to show goers, BMW Motorrad hosts Valerie Thompson, seven time land speed record holder with a special appearance. She is happy to share her story and experiences of a female in a male dominated industry. To top off the evening one lucky lady will win a 2015 Kawasaki EX300 valued at over $6,000 courtesy of Canadian Kawasaki, Blackfoot Motosports, Pro AM Motorcycles and Bow Cycle.(Calgary) And one lucky lady will ride away on a 2015 Kawasaki EX300 valued at over $6,000, courtesy of Canadian Kawasaki, Echo Cycle and E & S Motorcycles. (Edmonton)
Don’t miss the action packed Evolution of Extreme Thrill Show featuring some North American’s best MX Freestyle performers. These daredevils fearlessly fly through the air, tempting fate, as they execute tricks that are not for the faint of heart. The thunderous sound of the engines as they approach the ramps is followed by the eerie silence as they become airborne, creates an exciting ambience. Team Empire, sponsored by Parts Canada will join the show to astound audiences with the jaw dropping, show stopping antics they call “street stunts”.
What’s to see at the Calgary & Edmonton 2015 Motorcycle Shows?
It is a good thing each of the shows are 3 days long, you will need majority of the weekend to take everything in, an opportunity to get a sneak peek at all the new 2015 motorcycles, ATV’s and scooters from the leading manufacturers. In addition, this industry event showcases all things related to riding, including gear, apparel, aftermarket accessories, touring destinations, charity rides, riding clubs and associations.
- Indian The new Indian Scout has a liquid cooled engine, a feature not found on any other Indian model. The new 69ci engine produces 100hp to get this 352 kg bike down the road. The radiator is tucked relatively inconspicuously in front of the engine but behind some body work. This machine looks clean and purposeful with the base solo seat giving it an appropriate retro look. The new Roadmaster has a ton of features that transform it into a luxury touring machine. The 17 gallon detachable trunk, heated grips, genuine leather seat with individual heating controls, adjustable passenger floorboards, and lots of chrome are just a few of the things that set it apart. The Roadmaster delivers a great ride with amazing cornering in different conditions on all different kinds of roads.
- Victory The Victory Magnum is the boldest bike to ever roll off the line; it redefines the bagger class with its winning combination of fast handling chassis geometry, the lowest seat height in its class, and uncompromising cornering clearance. The new Victory Ness Magnum with its 21 inch front wheel is the largest production rim on the road. The graphics and paint are designed by the infamous Ness Family and it has a 100 watt fairing audio sound system. The 2015 Gunner is a powerful cruiser with throwback bobber style and street-smart attitude. The Gunner is well balanced and handles the city and rural roads equally.
- Harley Davidson Deeley Harley Davidson® will have a prototype of the Livewire, its new electric bike at the Motorcycle Show – Calgary which is sure to turn a few heads. The Electra Glide Ultra Classic Lo has a low slung look, dropping your center of gravity for easier handling and puts your feet that much closer to the ground when you’re stopped. With an incredibly smooth ride, it is built for the urban environment. The Street 750 and the Street 500 are made of real steel and are designed to handle the abuses of urban environments including stop and go traffic with enough agility to deliver instant throttle response to escape city gridlock.
- Vintage If you want to bring your heart rate down a stroll through the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle display might just do the trick. Admire the workmanship and design ingenuity of motorcycles that are classics. The owners are passionate about their bikes and have been collected and restored to their original glory, for all to enjoy.
- Ducati The new 2015 Ducati Scrambler is a smartly styled machine for riders who appreciate lots of attention to detail, but who don’t want to compromise on riding pleasure and the functionality of a modern bike. The 1299 Panigale has a new Superquadro engine with an unprecedented 116mm bore 205hp of pure adrenaline, 145 Nm of stunning torque. State of the art electronics ensure maximum control. The new Ducati Diavel has a new engine and exhaust system with muscular assertive look with an elegance and sophistication. This model boasts the latest technology for super smooth performance with enhanced comfort and usability.
- BMW The new F800R from BMW Motorrad has sporty performance, agile handling and even greater versatility. The parallel twin offers even greater sprinting ability while retaining the impressive pulling power, instantaneous responses and low fuel consumption. It features new suspension components and optimized ergonomics. BMW Motorrad has taken the next step by bringing out the S1000XR. It has sporty performance and high levels of comfort as well as outstanding everyday usability.
- Suzuki The 2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS EXP is built to get you there with more enjoyment and excitement, in greater comfort. It offers flexibility and performance of the standard model with aluminum side cases and top case, vario windshield, engine guard and under cowling and hand guards. This unrivaled combination of performance, specifications and value provide high mileage, two-up adventure touring. The GSX-S750 provides the rider with even more street smart performance. Blending just the right mix of modern sport bike performance with futuristic street bike style, this 750 is purpose-built for excitement.
- Triumph There are a number of new “Tigers” from Triumph in 2015. Included in the mix are the Tiger 800 XR, XRX, XC and XCX. There are now street and cross country variants of the Tiger 800 along with premium versions of each. The three cylinder, 95hp engine is universal among the different versions but the premium models have programmable riding modes that allow for three different settings with varying ABS, traction control and throttle mapping. Triumph will unveil three new Bonneville variants this year: the Bonneville Spirit, Bonneville T214 and the Bonneville Newchurch. The Bonneville Spirit pays homage to the 1950’s Bonnevilles, with the addition of some modern technology with blacked-out handlebars, mirror housings, engine covers, wheel rims and hubs. The Bonneville Newchurch features a unique hand painted design on the fuel tank and blacked-out mudguards, headlamp bowl, handlebars, mirrors and springs which give it a custom look.
- And So Much More… See You There!
Want to know how to fold your chaps?
Click the button below for more info
7 easy steps to pick up your motorcycle?
Click the button below for more info